Saturday, May 26, 2012

Busy, Busy

I have so many ideas running around in my mind.  But at the moment I have to be focused on getting together Rob's Graduation party which I am going to have at our house.  About 100 guests or a bit over to a buffet.  I made a little diagram of where I want to put all the food tables, desert table, beverage table and of course coffee and tea table.  Also how I'm going to set up the four circular tables which my friend is lending me, along with various seating areas.

Today I found two swivel rattan chairs in the trash, they just need bolting together, I already have a rattan sofa I found in the trash so will do them as a grouping. Hubby of course did not want to stop for them but I said for free if I only use them this season why not pick them up. Now all that stuffing of things in the garage comes into use.  Of course hubby has the job of getting it all down from the huge stack. Yes my boys have moaned about it. This is when all that collecting comes in handy when you're living on a tight budget, and it's fun to re-use and re-purpose things.  Plus it gets you're mind thinking what can I use this for or that.  Or how can I do this on a shoe string.  It's amazing what you can come up with.

Bought some lovely fabric this week.  Some I've been eyeing for a while, but when I went in the shop everything was 50% off and their prices are already very good. You never know when a sale will be on, even the employees. I can only call this store Jomar, eclectic, but I love it, great bargains.  I wish I had more time to sew.  I sewed a lot as a teenager, then it was cheaper to sew your clothes than buy them, but now it's cheaper to go to the Thrift, but if you fall in love with a fabric how lovely to think of how it can best be used.

Hubby is working on re-doing a patio that my son laid about four years ago, when I had a tent room, you can just see the pavers in this post  Unfortunately the tent frame eventually bent and became useless, but it was nice, I did enjoy it but they do have a limited life span.  So this will be nice for the Graduation Party.  We pulled up all the pavers and are re-setting them.  I may look to add more pavers so will have to look as to where I can buy them as K-Mart is now out of business and that's where I brought them.

So have a great weekend.  It's a holiday weekend in the USA so that's always nice.

Christy


3 comments:

  1. 100 plus guests, I would be totally daunted. Sounds like you are organised though which will make it all the more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! You do have a lot to do. Hope it all goes well and you have fun. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful Christy...CONGRATULATIONS to your son! My goodness...100 people...you're a brave woman :) Isn't it a wonderful feeling getting something for nothing...I LOVE it! I've been promising myself that I will go to garage sales this year...I still haven't been to any. I used to go all the time when we lived in Wichita but moving way out into the country sometimes I can't justify using all that gasoline to take a chance on finding something useful. I really do need to just bite the bullet and do it. I hope you find something wonderful to sew with your new material. Enjoy the rest of your long weekend!
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10