Monday, May 21, 2012

Wedding Venue At The Bull Halstead

The Bull

The River Colme

Looking out of the bedroom window, to the right is the River Colne.

This is in the Pub area right by the front door.


The inglenook fireplace and the room where we had breakfast.

Breakfast at The Bull

The Bull Halstead was built in 1398 and was a coaching Inn and has been in continuous use for over 500 years.  As you can see from the photos it's full of beams and history.  It is now a Pub with Rooms to stay over.  It really was a lovely place to have the wedding at.

Many of the wedding party stayed overnight.  I actually stayed at my cousin Esther's as she lives in town, but I came back for the morning breakfast at The Bull.  I had kipper and poached egg. toast and tea.

I love kippers which are smoked herrings.  It was something we often had for Saturday afternoon teas when I was a child..  

Christy






2 comments:

  1. How strange for me to read that you eat kippers at breakfast.
    In France, for most people, the breakfast is sketchy : one cup of coffee or tea and one or two buttered toasts. That is all !
    It is interesting to see how people live and eat :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy I must have missed something along they way because I didn't realize the wedding was in England! What a beautiful couple and the meal looks delicious...I LOVE roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding with gravy!! My Nana used to make it and so did my Mum. I made it years ago...after seeing these photo's I think I'll have to make it again soon! I love the old pubs in England and the name is perfect as we live close to the town of Halstead Kansas! Something that makes me think of my Mum's parents who were from Windlesham ...toasted cheese sandwiches with Keens mustard (freshly mixed)...oh yum. Anyway...thanks for sharing the photo's of the wedding and the pub...you brought back some wonderful memories. :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10