Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tales From My Sister's Sitting Room






This is a tale of a little cat called chops.  Chops lived with people in a flat above the butcher's shop.  He wasn't especially looked after, so the butcher would take pity on him and give him special tip bits.  This obviously endeared the butcher to chops.  Chops would be locked out on very cold nights and eventually the butcher could take it no longer and one day brought Chops home.

My brother-in-law Trevor is his savior and does he know it.  Trevor cannot come home from work without chops sitting on his lap.  He moans a little that he's never left alone, but I secretly think he enjoys it.  Chops is totally his cat.  You've got to understand that the other cats are my sister's cats but not Chops.

When I was getting ready for the wedding BB put these huge curlers in my hair to curl my side hair, I walked in the dining room where Trev was with Chops, Chops took one look at me and sprang in the air coming down on all fours hackles up and hissing.  He just couldn't take those curlers.  It was the funniest thing.

And a picture of my dear aunt Joan, who came to spend time with my mum and keep an eye on her while we were at the wedding.

Christy




1 comment:

  1. What a great story about Chops and your brother in law...that's so cute that this one cat only has eyes for him. He should feel special! Chops is one very fortunate cat to have found such a good home. I hope you've had a good day Christy.
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10