Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Down to Eath Maui Houses and Fresh Coconut Tasting

Hi Dear Folk,

I wanted to post some down to earth photos of some of the Maui houses that we saw.




Here we are heading up the valley to Kuka-emoku.


On the way back we stopped at this fresh coconut stand.  I've only ever had fresh coconut when the liquid inside tastes like sweet milk and the flesh is quite hard; which I like. But a truly fresh off the tree coconut is different, the liquid inside is like a clear water, a little sweet, and the flesh is like eating coconut pudding, you just scoop it out, nature's instant pudding, totally yummy.


So first of all we drank the liquid and then gave it back to the guy, he chopped it in two with his machete, and that machete totally reminded me of my dad, because my dad had a machete and just loved it.  He made us a little scoop, by chopping off a sliver of the outside, we each had a half and we scooped out the flesh.


Now I could take this little house above, I could see myself wandering around there.


These were the houses we saw at the head of the valley.



These houses must be from the twenties or thirties I would think.



Christy

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so jealous that you had the coconut as that is exactly how we had it in India and I could happily live on it. The houses were lovely especially being all different.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10