Tuesday, November 6, 2018

What Was Your Childhood Regimen?

Hi Dear Folk,

I probably didn't mention but late Friday night on my cell phone a tornado warning flashes by, it was very windy.  After which I proceeded to go to bed and give it no thought, which in hindsight was probably not the most sensible thing to do.

Raining here today as it did yesterday.  I cleaned out the closet floor in the spare bedroom, we call it the studio room, mostly full of books.  I am going to have to whittle them down.  Today I need to get up there and clean it, fun, fun.  The trouble is I start to look at a book I have not visited in a while and get side tracked.

Our dish washer is fourteen years old which in the scheme of kitchen appliances these days is probably quite old.  The handle had become extremely stiff.  Mr. B. was able to get a new one to replace it, they only come in black now, our dish washer is cream colored, but still that's OK, job done.  It is also stuck on one wash mode normal.  But I guess if it is to get stuck on one mode, normal would be the best.  The only appliance in the kitchen that we have not replaced since we moved in sixteen years ago is the stove, which still seems to be going strong.


As a child my mum had a regimen with us every morning, it went as follows.


  • One table spoon of molasses
  • One cod liver oil capsule
  • One table spoon of rose hip syrup
  • One orange vitamin C tablet


This photo above reminded me of the rose hip syrup, which I absolutely loved and would have drank this down, the molasses not so much.

So what was your childhood regimen?

Christine

12 comments:

  1. We were given vit c tablets too. I loved the taste and sneaked extra whenever I could! There was something about fluoride too. I can't remember whether it was in the water, we took tablets or used fluoride toothpaste . Seems to be a bit controversial now. Didn't do us any harm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - no regimens in our home. We did get multi vitamin pills and my Mom did fix breakfast every morning. We had to tornado warnings too but I was already asleep and even slept through the phone ringing right next to the bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed looking at your trip home pictures, they stirred my very soul.
    When we were growing up, my mum gave us a spoonful of Rosehips syrup in the winter, and my gran always had local honey on hand, and insisted on giving me a spoonful whenever she could.
    Her morning ritual consisted of a cup of cooled boiling water, still warm, to start the system she said :)
    My dad was a firm believer in cod liver oil, even the dog got a spoonful.....
    Love your blog !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo for stopping by and glad that you enjoy my blog. Yes mum was a big believer in honey too. All happy memories.

      Delete
  4. We had porridge, a multi vitamin tablet and some orange liquid that I don't recall what it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the porridge was definitely a winter morning breakfast and weetabix in the summer.

      Delete
  5. I never had one -- not like that! Maybe I should have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a spoonful of cod liver oil and malt which we loved as it tasted like toffee. I love your rosehip photo and keep meaning to make rosehip syrup but as the intention started about 40 years ago I doubt I will now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never seem to see those big rosehips over here like I did while in England. Malt does sound good.

      Delete

01 09 10