Monday, November 5, 2018

30th August 2018 Getting In and Out of the Village

Hi Dear Folk,

The weather was beautiful this weekend, a true Indian Summer, which we were able to take advantage of on Sunday, driving over to New Hope and Lambertville, on the Delaware River.

We ate at a Middle Eastern restaurant, Marhaba.  I had lentil soup with lovely fresh pita bread, it was delicious, Mr. B. had stuffed grape leaves, which I tried, yummy, my soup was excellent too.  Followed by a lamb gyro, I took half home and Mr, B.  had a spinach and cheese pocket, can't remember the name, like a calzone.  I also had hot mint tea, lovely on a cooler day.  I definitely recommend this restaurant if you are in Lambertville, NJ.  You must take cash and it's BYOB if you want to.  Afterwards we stopped off at the French Patisserie in New Hope, of course we had to and The Boy had requested cake.  My pictures of the day are on Instagram.  Do play the train video quintessentially American.

This was one of the roads we used to get in and out of the village, as you can see it was quite narrow, but even the other roads in other directions were not much larger than this.


You can understand why nobility had their second home a hunting lodge up here in Norfolk, including of course Sandringham, owned by the Queen.  Lots of forests and wild life.




Christine

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful place to visit. Very narrow roads for America!
    I loved the train video and that sound of it toot toot tooting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roads. Simply beautiful. No tearing along, at awful speeds. One goes, at a slow speed, to savour the beautiful surroundings. :-)

    RE: your comment on my post ("WHYYYYYYY...?")... You wondered what they were doing all that blasting, for? If you use my Label ("The Lot Next Door") it chronicles the building of a new "McMansion." Right next door, on an ordinary lot.

    Of late, in our ordinary neighborhood, when a house goes for sale, it is torn down, and a rich person, builds a "McMansion" on it. -sighhhh- With money, they do whatever they want to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must live in an area that everyone wants to move to. My friend's mum had an old beach cottage which they sold right on the seafront at Sea Isle City, NJ. Of course you knew it would be torn down for a mega build and it was.

      Delete
  3. I can just imagine riding down that beautiful road. Makes me smile!

    Blogger is giving me hassle again and not sending along email comments to me, but I saw you visited Marmelade Gypsy and thanks for being there. I like to comment directly but for now, thanks so much. (And if I don't reply for a bit... well, not my fault! Entirely.)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10