Tuesday, November 13, 2018

30th August 2018 Drive From Village to Entrance of Holkham Hall

Hi Dear Folk,

Just want to say thank you to everyone who comments on my blog I do enjoy reading them.

How is your day?  Here it is raining again.  I must get going, one thing I need to do is figure out some window treatment for my bedroom windows.  Not sure if I want curtains or maybe blinds I know something will present itself.  Should have got to this before now, and then you get into that feeling guilty mode for not having addressed it before now, then I think does it really matter?  Thing is I took one curtain down and washed it, then it didn't look so good after that so at the moment one curtain is up and the other down.  Mr. B. says there's a tree there and no one can see in.  Still it needs addressing, so I guess it does matter.

Can you imagine over the last three hundred years who has passed along this road.  Horses and carriages, Kings and Queens and now us.

This is the drive from Holkham Village up to the gates to the estate.  All this including the houses is owned by the estate.


Old flint walls.



Chrsitine

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get your window problem solved. I like to imagine all the people of years gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to think about/imagine who traveled down those paths before you.

    I was thinking of curtains the other day - I really need to replace my kitchen ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flint walls are a delight. Hope you manage to find a solution for the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will find something for the windows, don't seem to be in the hunt mode.

      Delete

01 09 10