Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dinner in the Garden


We had such a nice dinner with friends last Sunday. The tablecloth is made from furniture fabric, two complimentary bolts were out for the rubish. The design is called Tuscan, Al Fresco. The china came from the thrift shop. I love the yellow and blue combination.
I will give you the recipe for the Anti Pasta. I always get compliments on it, every time I make it. The friend who's recipe it was died several years ago, so every time I make it I think of Frannie, who was Italian.
You take a nice large round serving platter. In order you layer these ingredients:-
  • Romaine lettuce (or a nice firm lettuce)
  • Provolone cheese
  • Hot salami
  • Genoa or hard salami
  • Onions
  • Green peppers
  • Celery
  • Cucumbers
  • Sweet pickles
  • Capacola or pepperoni
  • Tomato
  • Green or black olives
  • Shake on oregano, garlic powder and Crazy Jane salt (I do not know what Crazy Jane salt is, so I use seasoned salt)

All of the above is just sliced, or cut into smaller pieces to layer.

Cut just as if you are serving a piece of pie. Serve with a cake server after cutting.

Serve with an olive vinaigrette dressing.

(If you find some of the above deli meats to be too expensive, I take the liberty to substitute, and usually do, it still tastes great.)

Enjoy.


This is my trifle served along with coffee in my Italian coffee mugs, from the thrift, along with the tray. Milk jug and sugar bowl were wedding presents for Bo's mum and dad, married 1945. Bo's mum died when he was four, so it's special that they were kept and passed onto us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10