Thursday, November 23, 2017

Today With Mr. B.

Hi Dear Folk,

The Boy is up in Cape Ann for the Holiday weekend, while Mr. B. and I enjoyed a quiet day at home together.  These seem to be so few and far between, that it is nice to have a whole day for nothing too much at all, just be together.

As you see it's a lovely sunny day here, only brisk.  We decided to take a walk in our local park.



Here I am some trees still have their leaves, others are totally bare.  I am wearing a long waistcoat that my sister crocheted for me many years ago.



They have put in a Ba chi Ball court, we also have one in a little park near the zoo in town.  Very popular among the older Italians.  Just nice to sit and watch them playing on a summer evening.


As many times as I have seen this pergola, I never realized that it had been moved here from the old Jefferson House restaurant, I had several friends over the years who had held their receptions there and had their photos taken under this very same edifice.

The Jefferson House was sold off in about 2004 and the land used to build town houses.


While we sat here I thought how lovely it would be to have afternoon tea here.  I wonder if the park authorities would allow it.  Bring in a tea table and set it up under the pergola, you could use the seats round about to sit on and they would seat twelve.  You could serve afternoon tea buffet style.

It would be especially nice in spring as it is surrounded with ornamental cherry trees.




Doing my Samson impression.


Some more transplants from the old golf course that was sold off to build a hospital, which rises on the horizon outside the park.



Quite an old graveyard dating back to early 1800's.



Mr. B's toy.


Ended the afternoon with a nice pot of tea and a piece of Mexican cake.  Like a sponge cake with cream cheese and pineapple filling, very good.  This Mexican Bakery just opened up within a very large produce and food store, with a strong Hispanic influence, but lots of international foods.  He is independent from the store with his bakery.  Mr. B. has also bought home for me a slab of what I would call bread pudding.  Not sure what his was made from but it's super heavy and filling, just like mum's old bread pudding.

Hope you enjoyed time with family.

Christine

3 comments:

  1. Your hair is so long! I love it! And a sweet photo of the two of you. I always loved that teapot!
    I love your idea of a tea. Id be glad to help with it if it can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu walk looked wonderful. So glad you had a nice day. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your waistcoat. B is so clever. Great photos especially the one of you both. So nice to have a peaceful relaxing day. Seems like we had same weather as you and also had walk beside river as good to be out on these bright cold days. I like the afternoon tea idea. Am always ready for that. The Mexican cake sounds delicious. I make my own bread pudding and it is in great demand for our refreshments after our Sunday meeting. I think it is the nostalgia as it reminds us of our childhood.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10