Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Dinner For Two Sixties Style

HI Dear Folk,

The sixties as with each decade had it's style and no better place to see some of that style than in a sixties cookbook.  How could I resist picking this up for $0.50 cents at the library, than if for nothing else than the wonderful sketches that fill it.


Just right for a newly married couple.


A little lamb.


Baking pastry.


What the couple would need in their kitchen.


The above sketch reminded me of Cape Ann.


How about this awesome dragon, enmeshed around a skillet?

Christine

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are wonderful! It's funny that food can be dated. There is a series on bbc tv which they are repeating now called "Back in time for Dinner" and they go through the decades with a family. I watched one or two but the mother in the series really irritates me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are back to "just two" so will try to check this out. I need to learn to freeze half of what I make as we have it so much longer with the two of us!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10