Thursday, November 9, 2017

Keeping On

Hi Dear Folk,

Mr. B. drove me down to Philly for my appointment with the surgeon.  I met with his assistant and she tested my eyes, took some measurements and asked how things were going since my op.  Then I met with the surgeon, he said to come back in a month after everything has calmed down.  I found out that my stitches are soluble so do not need to have them taken out.  He may need to tweak the position of my eyelids, I thought oh no more surgery, but he said this is something they do in the office.  It seems that some stitches that were done under the eyelid are permanent and they adjust these.  My eyes were not symmetrical before the operation, so I think they will not be totally symmetrical now, but at least closer.

Still enjoying my time at home, crocheting and doing some cooking.  Yesterday I made a fish pie out of this book.


 My dear mum collected these cook books from Sainsbury's for me, I treasure them.


Could have been a little neater with the potatoes, but it still tasted good.



My new kitchen mats.  When you go to a discount store you have to take what they've got, so these were the only three that matched, so this was the pattern chosen, but I don't dislike them.  They look good with the woodwork.

Christine

2 comments:

  1. Glad your surgery was successful. The fish pie looks delicious. I have some of these Sainsbury's cook books. I find the recipes are very practical and easy to follow. I like the mats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the eye operation was a success.
    Your fish pie looks absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10