Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Jewish Apple Cake

Hi Dear Folk,

I was asked for the recipe of my Jewish Apple Cake, sorry I've been rather tardy, but here it is.

Jewish Apple Cake

4 Eggs
3 Cups flour
2 Cups sugar
1 Cup oil (vegetable oil or canola oil)
3 tea spoons of baking powder (or use self raising flour, which is not as common in USA as UK)
2 tea spoons vanilla
1 tea spoon cinnamon
1/4 tea spoon salt
1/4 Cup orange juice (if you have a lovely large orange use that and put the grated rind in too)

4 Apples sliced (depending on size of apple could use just 3 apples or if too many just finish with apples on top)
2 Table spoons sugar or less to taste
1 tea spoon of cinnamon (but I use more than that to taste)
Mix together

Put all top ingredients together in one bowl and mix. ( I love this so simple)

Pour 1/3 of batter into a greased and floured tube pan, then a layer of apples, batter, apples and batter.

Bake at 350 F
60 to 65 minutes test with a pick

This cake is comfort food, always good.  I've thought of calling this the 4, 3, 2, 1 cake. 4 eggs, 3 cups flour, 2 sugar, 1 oil

Posted for Mamasmercantile

Enjoy
Christine

1 comment:

01 09 10