Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Bedroom Blinds

Hi Dear Folk,




Well at last we have the blinds up in our bedroom.  I eventually got them from IKEA.  I had draped fringed curtains before held back with big hang tassels, I wanted to go for a less fussy look and this certainly is.  Our bedroom windows have stained wood surrounds which does set them off and with the new blinds you can see them.  The room is much brighter too.  The only thing I will say though is that the blinds are very sheer and I don't think they do the job of not being able to see in the windows, but at this point I'm not changing them.

I have to tell you this little story.  First of all blinds are a lot more expensive than I ever thought.  I went to Lowe's and landed up in the clearance section, where I found two Levolor cinnamon bamboo blinds on sale $27.00 each reduced from $69.00 each.  I was talking to the young assistant and said how I had actually found a pair of bamboo blinds in the trash, which I had, along with that Le Creuset cooking pot.  In any case I said I never knew how much they were worth until now.

In the end I decided to buy them, and I guess she took pity on an old lady who had to get things out of the trash, because she said, well these blinds have been here a long while, I'll mark them down again, and I got them for $15.00 each, even better.

However when we held them up to the window in our bedroom, I just thought they were too dark, but did decide to keep them for our studio room, as I do not have a matching pair in there and these will be great and for $30.00 for the two a deal,

Unfortunately I cannot say I got the same deal from IKEA.  Still swings and roundabouts.

Christine

8 comments:

  1. You must be thrilled with your blinds now that you have the look you wanted. Sounds like you found a great bargain at the other store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of bamboo shades for the kitchen, but we went to Home Depot and they only had really expensive ones. No thanks. I will check Lowes. Hadn't even though of Ikea, but I'm sure they are pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One has to really look and see what's out there and suits.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like quite the hunt... I need to do something like that but they'll have to wait. New car brakes. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blinds look great and really show off the woodwork. I find all sorts of window coverings are very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really bought too many over the years, so was quite a surprise to me when I went shopping.

      Delete

01 09 10