Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Italian Cold Cuts and Vegetable Pie

Hi Dear Folk,

I had posted this on my Instagram lilbitbrit007 and said that I would blog the recipe for my Italian Cold Cuts and Vegetable Pie.  This is a recipe given to my by an Italian friend Fran who was such a fun person to know and died a while ago so I treasure this recipe.  Everybody who eats it loves it and I had a special request from my son, "Mum make this more often."

Every layer in itself looks lovely.  Rob said the only thing he didn't like was the celery, I think I should have cut that up much smaller and maybe put the ham in a layer lower down.





Italian Cold Cuts and Vegetable Pie

Lettuce Romaine (I used a butter lettuce and that worked well)
Provolone cheese
Cooked salami (I used pepperoni)
Genoa or hard salami
Onions
Green peppers (I used a yellow one)
Celery
Cucumber
Sweet pickles (gherkins in a jar, sliced thinly lengthwise)
Capocollo or pepperoni (I used ham)
Tomatoes (I used cherry as that is what I had but a nice large summer tomatoes would be good)
Olives green or black (I used black from a tin)
Shake on oregano, garlic powder and Crazy Jane Salt (seasoned salt)
I did not have oregano so topped with fresh basil

About a quarter of a pound of each
Layer in order listed above (can be changed around)
Large round serving plate
Cut and serve in wedges, just like you serve a pizza

I think you will like this.
Christine

5 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. I thought the ham slices were a pink dressing lol. Just might try it. Would be great for a summer get together. Something different for us

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks/sounds so cool and refreshing on a hot day (coming our way this weekend). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful presentation! A perfect summer meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looks delicious and so cool and 'summery'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is spectacular. It looks delicious and it also is a glorious presentation! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10