Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A Day Out At Chanticleer

Hi Dear Folk,

I cannot believe that I have lived in this area for as long as I have and had not heard of Chanticleer. 

The Chanticleer Estate was started in the early 20th Century, by Adolph Rosengarten, Sr and his wife Christine.  It was built along the railway corridor called the Main Line, built by the Pennsylvania Railroad, for influential people to escape the heat of summer in Philadelphia and to build a summer retreat.


Ready for my day out, backpack is packed, ready to try out my new camera.  Aurora shoes ready to take on the walking.  Couldn't be a more perfect day, blue skies, low humidity.



This is the main house owned by the Rosengarten's.  He started a pharmaceutical company, that was later sold to Merck and Company.  There are a series of French doors that open onto this terrace.  Very reminiscent of the Great Gatsby, you can just imagine a party inside the doors open and flowing out onto the terrace on a summer evening.



It was a retirement gift for me, a day out at Chanticleer, knowing how much I love gardens.  My friends Amy and Janice.


I have not visited a garden in the States that pays such attention to detail, it is beautiful, look at these railings alone.


The name Chanticleer means Rooster and was especially used in Fairy Tales.


The idea of an outside fireplace and patio is not new.


The pool, with daffodil area, just left to die naturally.  I think you need to visit in all of the three seasons to take in the true beauty of the gardens, I will be back.




Long pool and look at this lovely seating area.


More to come on my day out.

Christine

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place!

    And what perfect weather you had, to visit.... Lucky you.

    Who are the others, who accompanied you? Someone and their daughter, I suspect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I've heard of it, but never visited...though I think my husband has been there. I need to remember to mention it to him so we can go explore sometime. What a nice day out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christine, this place is so lovely! I'm catching up on your posts and am looking forward to the next part!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10