Thursday, April 13, 2017

Beer Lunch and a Bike Basket of Shopping, Philadelphia Flower Show 2017 - Part 9

Hi Dear Folk,

Americans drink a lot of Heineken, but don't ride bikes in their everyday life, more for recreation.  I like the idea of riding a bike everywhere.

In Amsterdam crossing the road is an event, because you have on either side the bike and scooter path, then on one side the tram and in the center each way the car lanes.  Needless to say for a foreigner not used to this, it took quite a bit of looking to cross a street.  Some places you have sidewalks or pavements in-between, like islands to make it to, before the next crossing.





Christy

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos. I would like to ride a bike everywhere but unfortunately I can't ride. I keep saying I will get a tricycle as we have many cycle tracks here and many people do use their bikes every day. Not as much as in Amsterdam though!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10