Tuesday, December 15, 2015

One Last Hurrah, My Winter Rose Queen Elizabeth

Hi Dear Folk,

Isn't she lovely, Mr. B. found her out in the garden and cut this rose for me.  Our weather has been very mild, almost up to seventy today, so unseasonably warm, and here she is blooming away and now I can enjoy her in the evenings when I get home from work just sitting on the window sill above my sink.

It's a long while since I planted this rose, but I think she is a Queen Elizabeth.  Quite large and stunning.




Many nocturnal photos this time of year.

Christy

6 comments:

  1. She is so lovely! Maybe another next week? As we continue to have weather in teh 60's

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful rose. We planted a hedge of Queen Elizabeth roses at the back of the garden in our last house. They had a gorgeous scent too. It is mild here too but maximum about 54 and very wet and dark all day so will be glad for some cold bright weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous rose and how nice to be able to enjoy your blooms indoors during the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful surprise, I always enjoy your garden, your blooms are amazing.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful surprise.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and it is still hanging on in my kitchen, mustn't knock it though or I think every petal will fall off.

      Delete

01 09 10