Friday, January 17, 2014

Oilily Altered Couture

At the Thrift I found on Oilily Jumper/Sweater , for a good price.  Oilily is quite expensive to buy.  But unfortunately it was not my size.  So I had this idea of buying it and cutting it up, using it for something else, then I thought why not undo the side seams all the way up and under the arm and crochet a gusset in to make it larger, and that is what I have done.


I used an American single crochet stitch.  I blanket stitched the edges and then used that edge to crochet off.

After the gussets were in, then I did a slip stitch around the sleeves and the bottom then crocheted an edging, to pull it all together and cover over the edges.  I think it turned out pretty good.


In these two photos I have not quite finished crocheting the bottom edging.


Now it needs an iron.  Will take pics wearing it but will wait until weather is better.

Sorry for dreadful pics, these were taken at night with a flash.

Christy

1 comment:

  1. Wow it looks so good I can't see what you have added. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10