Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Mums and Elderberry Fledgling


This is an Elderberry.  I went to the park and took a few cuttings from a bush that I knew was there.  I hope they didn't mind, but they were just little. This is the only one that took. I have wanted an Elderberry as the flowers are great for wine or cordial and the berries too can be used for wine.  Now how to baby it over the winter.  I'll probably bring it inside and put it in the Simla Room which is cold most of the time.


Some of the mums I planted around the house.




I bought my passion flower plant in, that's in the Simla Room and I am trying to baby that through the winter.  At the moment it has more flowers on than it has had all summer, they are so lovely and bring me so much joy to look at.  So I will get to enjoy them indoors for a while.  I must say though, things are rather crowded in my Simla Room, I will have to have a rearrangement of things.





This mum has lasted the longest out of all of them, I don't know why.


Christy

1 comment:

  1. I love all the different colours of the mums. Hope you get the elderberry through the winter. It certainly looks very healthy now.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10