Saturday, May 17, 2008

Good Friends, Good Food

My dear friend M. invited Rob and I over. This was the lovely spread she set for us girls. Yes isn't it nice to be spoiled.

Here are a selection of cheeses. The one in the center with orange rind is Wensleydale with apricots. The last time I had Wensleydale was with my mum and sister in England. Bo and I passed through the dales, and there bought a round of Wensleydale with blueberries at the local market produce stand.

M. and I love to go to our local thrift. That is where she found this wine cooler, made in Suffolk, not too far from where my mum and sister live. We agree if you wait long enough, everything in the world will turn up at our local thrift shop. I found a lovely clay pottery casserole dish from the south of France, and I bet it was a lot cheaper than buying it there, especially with our terrible dollar.

Rob and Vinny had pizza. Don't you love their Persian, Simba?

1 comment:

01 09 10