Saturday, October 27, 2018

27th August 2018 Sheringham Norfolk

Hi Dear Folk,

Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside! 
I do like to be beside the sea! 
I do like to stroll along the Prom, Prom, Prom! 
Where the brass bands play, "Tiddely-om-pom-pom!"


Isn't there something wonderful about the seaside?  Even on a dull cloudy day on a holiday weekend there is such a vibe of excitement.

We drove up to Norfolk from where my sister lives in Suffolk, so only a two hour drive.  We checked into our AirBnB which was a beautiful flint cottage all to ourselves, Dog Cottage and here, here, here, and here; which I would totally recommend.  I thought I had photos, but they all must be on my Instagram lilbitbrit007, you can take a look there.  I would stay here again in a heart beat.  Welcomed with chocolates, biscuits and a bottle of wine.  I loved the tin a scene of the market along the Seine in Paris, with Notre Dame in the background.  It did make my very overweight luggage for the trip home.

The fridge was stocked with butter and milk, there was coffee and tea and so much more, most generous of the home owners.  A sitting room with a stove, darling dining room, brand new kitchen and bathroom, with old twisting staircase up to two bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other with two singles.

I was feeling disappointed that I hadn't bought the hot water bottle from my sister's house and there in the chest of draws in my bedroom was a hot water bottle.  I thought this is a person who thinks extensively of all ones needs.  I was so delighted and warm on chilly nights.  Not that there wasn't central heating, but I am chilly in bed.  Who likes a hot water bottle?  I know it's very old fashioned.

After we unpacked and had lunch we headed off to Sheringham.  It was a Monday and a holiday weekend and was packed.  My sister cannot walk too far at all, we had never been there before, so drove on down through town to the water front, some how we came to a small car park, beside a pub and right on the seafront here and it had a space, yay! Great for my sister as she was able to sit outside at the pub get a nice glass of wine and enjoy the view with Trev.


A dear little museum sits to the right on the above picture.  I bought a little cookbook there with the most delightful pictures.  I do love it so and got one for BB.


Sheringham is the type of seaside town that you can just imagine people in the Edwardian era, catching the train and spending a week here.  You might enjoy these old photos.




Flint is most popular in Norfolk, and here you can see it on a terrace town house.  Do go over to my Instagram lilbitbrit007 and look at Dog Cottage.

Christine

2 comments:

  1. Your cottage sounded delightful and how thoughtful to provide everything. Yes I still use a hot water bottle as I hate being cold in bed. We love Sheringham as it is so old fashioned. We had a holiday in North Norfolk 4 years ago and used our bus passes on the coast hopper buses to visit all the little places on the coast. Your photos are great and the old ones interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to be, by the sea.... And how wonderful to be able to visit such quaint places.

    ✨🎃👻🎃👻🎃✨

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10