Wednesday, October 24, 2018

24th August 2018 Finchingfield, Church and Guildhall

Hi Dear Folk,

It's quite windy today and my long chimes are going all the time, I love that low resonant chime.  My leg is gradually getting better.  I picked up compression stocking knee highs, at the pharmacy, on prescription from the doctor, but I'm sure they've given me a size too large, $48.00 so hope they change them, you never know with things like that.

After lunch in Finchingfield (take a look at this website, you might enjoy all the old photos) we took a walk around the village.  Up to the post mill, then over to the church.  The church was not locked as it so often is, people steal anything these days. The earliest part of St. John the Baptist church, the west tower dates back to c1170, with various changes and additions from then on, with a restoration in 1865-66.

 The ladies of the village were preparing flowers for the weekend.  Not a religious festival but 99 Top of the Pops.






This represents the song Great Balls of Fire.




This is Paper Back Writer.  I did like the light coming through the window and tried to capture this.


The Guild Hall, you can walk through the gateway from one of the major streets in the village and walk up to the church.  I do love those old gateways through buildings.



Christine

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty pictures. I love those gateways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad your leg is healing. Hope the stockings help. I love the flower themes. I will look at the website as I love old photos and Finchingfield so thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are doing better with the leg. I love those gateways they are gorgeous. Loved all the pictures today in your post.
    Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10