Friday, January 28, 2011

T.G.I. Tea On The Chinese Table





Tea on the Chinese table seems quite appropriate as in:


2737 B.C.
• The second emperor of China, Shen Nung, discovers tea when tea leaves blow into his cup of hot water or so the story goes.



I have a little gathering here of an American teapot and little matching tray Hartstone, USA  go on line and look at some of their lovely designs.  In fact you hardly need to use a tea-strainer because the pouring spout is so narrow.  It pours very well but slowly. 


If you're like me a pot has to pour well.  I bought a teapot, the design of which I liked a lot, but when I got it home it did not pour at all, it was worse than terrible, so I took it right back.  A bad pouring teapot is unacceptable. 


My teacup and saucer is from the Royal Horticultural Society Collection, Hookers Fruit, made in England.  The milk jug you've seen before, basket work tray and lace-work tray cloth both thrifted. 


Biscuits are called Spekulatius and are spiced cookies from Germany, I love them.


My Chinese table has seen a lot of where and is a BR before Rob acquisition, with six little stools which store underneath.  It is a great spot to serve tea and by the fire makes it very cozy.  As you see it also has some sewing going on, with my old sewing machine in the background, to the side.


I have the latest IKEA catalog open for a browse.  Have you noticed it's smaller and lighter in weight.   Less white and a lot more barn-wood type walls in the demo rooms.  I especially liked the room in the photo.


So where are you drinking your Tea?  Would love to see some settings from around the world.


Christy






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10