Thursday, January 27, 2011

Revamped Willow Pattern Cushion






I bought this cushion years ago.  Eventually the silk just wore out, so I unpicked the seams, kept the centre panel and the backing and bought some Chinese brocade to rework the sides.  It took a little longer than I thought it would.  Not measuring correctly and then having to add the squares in the corners, to not waste fabric.  Plus I am a stickler for inside edges all being finished off.  I don't know why. nobody sees them, although on the brocade which frays like crazy it was a good idea, but I just must have neatened seams.

The backer which is a soft fabric showed all the seam holes, so I embroidered a chain stitch all around on the back to cover that up.  Should have put the opening on the bottom, not the top, but c'est la vie!

Christy

1 comment:

  1. Its beautiful and don't you get a good feeling when you've made a new item from something old!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10