Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Breeze Blocks Are Out

Hi Dear Folk,

Oh my!  Time is flying.  I took a PTO day on Monday as was sooo tired.  We picked Rob and Tierney up from Newark Airport on Sunday evening and by the time we got home it was 11:00 pm and for some reason I could not get to sleep.  I was already tired all day Sunday as on Sunday morning at about 4:00 am the crazy little alarm clock in the bathroom went off and started getting louder and louder and woke us up and I could not get back to sleep.  So that just exacerbated my tiredness.

It was a lovely sunny day and later in the afternoon I was able to get out in the garden.  I have fallen out of love with the breeze blocks that surround my veggie gardens and have decided to take them out altogether, just leaving the little brick paths that separate the seven little gardens.  At the moment they are all stacked up, I have to find a permanent place for them, I'll have to think about that.  Mr. B. says it looks more natural now, I like it better too.  Probably should have invested in bricks and not breeze blocks, as you know the bricks have been finds over the years and each year more and more disintegrate.

My friend Jack always gives me some plants, tomatoes, peppers and parsley, so I was able to pop over there and pick them up.  Then stopped off at the NSH to look around their greenhouses, but like everything it isn't what it used to be.  I picked up a sweet basil, geranium, cantaloupe and green bean plants, plus portulaca's. I'm trying to keep the spend down.

I have gradually been clearing out my personal things from work and bringing home a little each night, as it would be too much to carry on the train all at once.  Last night I bought home the poinsettia plant that I've been babying since it was given to our office over the holidays.  When I was in Hawaii we saw giant poinsettia bushes, they just grown wild.  Here you only see them around over the holidays.  But I thought I would plant this outside, at least for the summer, then it would need to come in for the winter, and my space for wintering over plants is most limited.  I am interested to see how much it will grow throughout the summer.

Thursday is my retirement lunch.  It seems all a little surreal.  Just phasing out at work and handing it over.

Christine

1 comment:

  1. Sending all good wishes for your last days at work. You will love having the extra time for gardening and creating things. And I think it's extra nice to retire when the weather is still good so you can be outside and enjoy. Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10