Wednesday, May 16, 2018

40 Years Ago This Month

Hi Dear Folk,

I ran across some old photos, forty years ago to the month May 1978.  Here we are the three musketeers, Joni, Me in the center and Nancy to the right.  We are at Kennedy Airport waiting to board our flight to the UK.  Just Joni and I, Nancy couldn't come.


I remember that in the late seventies jump suits were very popular, this was a winter green tartan one, which I wore with a red polo neck.  I quite liked that. I also made three from a Simplicity pattern that featured Marlo Thomas wearing it.  Two were shorts all in one outfits and the other jumpsuit had the long legs.


Here I am May 1978 at St James's Park, London.  You can tell it's May all the tulips.  That was the trip we, Joni, my sister BB and I travelled all over England and met my mum and dad at Clovelly.


This is two years later September 1980, now I can't remember where this was taken, I think New York State.  That was my grandmothers cameo; which in itself has a story.  It was lost for two years, and then one summer I'm digging in our family garden at home and find it, minus the filigree surround, just the cameo.  It always was a little lose in the surround.  I looked for it but never found it.  A year or so later in the USA I took it to a silversmith near to where I live now and he made a new setting for it and I still have it.  I matched the setting up with a silver cameo ring that I had, I actually bought it while on that trip, in Devon.

At this very moment the Boy and Tierney are on a dinner cruise going down the Thames.  The cycle of life.

Christine

3 comments:

  1. I love the photos and how lovely to have enduring friendships!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old photos. I had a jump suit in the 70's too. Mine was navy crimplene which was a very popular material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful...the cycle of life indeed. Love the cameo.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10