Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Mission Accomplished

Hi Dear Folk,

Mission accomplished in the kitchen.  Lasagna made, peeled and froze the apples and pears, that Mr. B. picked up and made a Jewish apple cake.  Our family go to cake, always nice and moist with the apples and cinnamon.


This Sunbeam mixer is as old as Mr. B. 1956, 61 years old, and works beautifully.  I do have another Sunbeam mixer that was a wedding present 1981, 36 years old.  I like the sputnik type look to this one.  The early eighties colors were cream and brown.




Two frozen bags of apples and one of pears.  That will be nice to come at in the winter.

Christine

4 comments:

  1. The Jewish apple cake looks delicious, I would love the recipe so I could give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an easy cake to make, dump everything in the mixing bowl and give it a whirl, and then layer the apples. Will post that recipe for you.

      Delete
  2. I love the mixer and the cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to have a productive day. I have been freezing apples too. Still have the last Bramley from the garden to see to. How come Mr B's apple cake looks so much better than mine. I think my tin is too big and it is a different shape. I haven't been able to get a tin same as yours. I think I must look on line.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10