Friday, September 29, 2017

Good Harbor Beach, Cape Ann, MA

Hi Dear Folk,

This is the first morning since I got back from Cape Ann that I have not had to go to the doctor.  My ankle aches quite a bit, but I do hate to continually take ibuprofen.  I'm keeping it elevated and resting it up, as it will be back to work next week, with the dreaded black boot, which in itself is wearing to wear.

It's quite cool this morning and I can feel that in the house.  There's lots of things I would like to do, but shouldn't be hobbling around so will have to dismiss them out of my mind.  Concentrate on what I can do.  Reading, Blogging and Crochet, while listening to BBC Radio.

Here we are at Good Harbor Beach in Cape Ann.  With the name Good Harbor, it makes me think of the early Pilgrim ships sailing down the coastline of New England looking for a good harbor.

Tides are definitely higher and lower the further north you get and thus come in and go out more quickly.

Good Harbor Beach I'm sure is a very popular beach, I was here at about 10:30 AM as you can see still overcast, but lovely.  Salt spray on your lips and seagulls calling.



What a house to have with a widows walk.


I like this bridge across to the beach.  This little back water must constantly be here.



Must be a popular surfing beach, I saw lots of surfers come and go.



On the beach I found a piece of white sea glass and a feather for my journal.



And by the time I had walked back the sun was coming out to a glorious day.  When it started you would never have thought it would turn into this.  Cape Ann seems to have that island effect of quick weather changes.  I noticed mists can roll in very quickly and can roll out just as quickly.



When I got back to the car I sat with this view, having a nice cup of coffee and some snacks.


Christine

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos of the Cape.

    Luck that you can get BBC radio. Wish I could pick it up here. We get BBC news tv channel but its the same news over and over. Would be wonderful to hear British voices and British programmes.

    Keep off that ankle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photos, amazing views. The weather changes so quickly here too, that is Island living. Take care of your foot and enjoy the crochet and your radio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and what a wonderful beach. Yes make the most of your enforced rest and try to enjoy what you can do.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10