Monday, August 28, 2017

Teatime, Tuppence and Thrifted Threads

Hi Dear Folk,

Today I took another Monday off work to go to the doctor, this time it turned out to be cellulitis on my leg, some what painful, so now I'm on antibiotics.

I am enjoying the rest of my day off.  With a pot of tea and cheesecake.  A motley assortment of china.




I found this outfit at the thrift, made by Denim and Co. brand new with tags on from QVC.  It's all cotton and easy to wear, since I didn't pay too much for it, I don't mind it being white. I like the embroidery around the bottom of the jacket, dress and on the cuffs. The blue matches up with my blue sandals from Aurora.  The blue leather bag I have had a long while, a charity shop find from the UK.  In fact I saw a Louis Vuitton bag quite newly released which is very similar in shape.  Almost looks like you could hold binoculars in it.  If you keep it long enough it will come back in fashion



Enjoying a cup of tea on the oak tree patio.

A friend who has been helping her mum to downsize things, knows that I love broaches and earrings gave me a beautiful gold and pearl set, leaf with a pearl.  I'm wearing them here, I just love it.  I think it's from the fifties, as that date is inscribed on the back.  I especially like the earrings, the way they dangle and move is free, if you know what I mean.


Mr. B. with a travel mug of coffee.



My dear Tuppence or Tuppy her nick name, is enjoying a snooze in a pile of leaves.  I was going to clean them up today, but since she likes it I'll leave it longer.  Isn't she camoflouged with her coloring?  She's seventeen years old now and deffinitely is showing her age, but insists on going outside a lot, as if she's making the most of the summer too.





Acorns are dropping although last year was a bumper acorn harvest, doesn't seem to be as many this year.  The hosta are dying off, and I think this shot looks so tinged with autumn.



My fig is doing well in the pot, in fact better than the one planted in the garden, which has to fight with the oak tree roots.

I'm trying to put together a little journal to take with me at the end of September.  The Boy and I are going on a road trip to Cape Ann, Massachusetts, north of Boston.  I think you could call it an island as you have to cross the bridges to get over to it.  I'm excited, just a four day weekend.  I've never spent time in that area of MA.  I want to eat a lobster and have a nice bowl of New England clam chowder.  Maybe a little kayaking.

Christy

4 comments:

  1. I hope your cellulitis clears up. I love your outfit and it really suits you. Your garden is looking good. I hope you enjoy your trip. It looks such a beautiful area. Mm cheesecake and tea in the garden - what could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon. Love your thrift shop find, a beautiful outfit that goes lovely with the bag. The touch of Autumn is coming along so soon but the changes are such a delight certainly one of my favourite times of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit! Love it. And the kitty pictures - so cute. A trip to MA in September sounds perfect - enjoy!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pics of you. You look so smart in your white outfit and so relaxed and happy with your cup of tea. Delightful!
    Hope the leg heals quickly

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10