Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday Pouring Rain, Patisseirie et Chocolaterie

 What does one do on a Saturday pouring with rain, take a trip to Anthropologie and a French Patisserie, sounds good to me with a visit to an art shop and a craft shop thrown in.


Look at these delicious French cakes, I had the Raspberry mousse cake and Mr. B. had the chocolate ganache pyramid.  The Boy chose a lemon tart, but ate it before I got to photo it.





While the boys were looking around Bang and Olufson I was enjoying paints, brushes, pens and inks.  So I couldn't resit this ink, magenta, such a wonderful colour, Bombay India Ink.  As a child I would never get out of a stationery shop without something.



I debated buying this magazine for a day.  I think magazines are somewhat expensive to buy, but there was so much in this crochet magazine, that I could not resist.


 What a lovely shawl and shrug.



This combines two things I love beads and crochet.

 
Remember I said the boys changed the sofas out, moving two out and one in, this is my very comfortable but old sofa somewhat worn on the arms, the picture above.

Below is my new pique cover in taupe, lovely soft fabric, almost velvety.  I am so happy that it fits so well and I really like the look of it and colour.  One day I will get to making some new cushion covers, why do I procrastinate on that, they're not that hard to make.





Couldn't resist this fabric, do you know why, well one I love poppies and two my mum had a dress in the sixties with a shawl collar,  a deep blue, with red poppies.  So how could I pass this by.  A dress made in this fabric should be just right for this trip .....


Yes this is my surprise I am going on a trip at the end of this year to O'ahu and Maui.  It was anounced at our congregation that there was the opportunity to attend an International Convention in Hawaii.  I didn't think anything of it until a friend came up to me and said would I like to go with her and I thought why not, so we applied and were accepted.  We have booked our flight and hotel in Honolulu right on the marina, just down from Waikiki Beach.  A short flight to Maui and a stay at a condo on Kaanapali beach, I am ready, can I go now.  The weather is attrocious for this time of year.  It's a good job I booked all this before we found out we needed a new boiler.


Christy

4 comments:

  1. You're sure to have a lovely time in Hawaii!
    I like the sofa cover. It's nice this are easily available today as it is much easier than redoing the whole thing.
    p.s. I want chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cakes look delicious. Yes a good way to spend a wet Saturday. The ink looks exotic and the fabric is beautiful. Just right for Hawaii. I look forward to seeing your photos in due course. I am impressed with the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to spend a wet Saturday or any day actually. I hope you have a marvellous time in Hawaii and I get to see some pictures. Your blog always takes me to such lovely places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, I love to travel and will share pics of my trip to Hawaii. One day I will get to visit your wonderful country Australia, that's high on my wish list.

      Delete

01 09 10