Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Crochet Stretchy Braid


I'm coming along with my shawl and it's almost finished, Ya!

But as with any project modifications have been made.  One is that I did several rows of double treble crochet (American terminology) in white and thought that I should only have done one and it looked far to stark.  So I had this brilliant idea of killing two birds with one stone so to speak, of tying in another color, which I had added further down the plum you see above and toning down the white by threading a braid of the plum colour through the holes of the double treble crochet.  I really like it.

How I made the braid was by using a stretchy cast on stitch and modifying it, by single crocheting into a central loop, instead of the edge loop.  I was pretty pleased with myself.

Will show pics of how it looks threaded through.

Christy


1 comment:

  1. That's very clever and I look forward to seeing the pics.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10