Sunday, May 5, 2019

Button Sewing

Hi Dear Folk,

Why does one so procrastinate over sewing buttons on?  Mr. B. gave me two items this morning.  One was a pair of shorts bought at the thrift where the button needed resewing on as it was hanging from some threads.  The other was a well loved and worn flannel shirt with a hoodie.  He has three of them and they predate The Boy so at least thirty years old.

Mr.B. came up with three buttons, I came up with one, that made four matching and it was still missing two more buttons, I found two that will do for the bottom buttons. So I sewed on six buttons and also hemmed some of the bottom edge that was fraying.  All this should have been done ages ago.

I've been working gang busters in the garden, to the neglect of my house.  Who wouldn't want to be outside rather than in dusting and hoovering?  But then though it gets to the point where it starts to drive me crazy and insane action needs to be taken.  Ashes still sitting in the stove from our last wood fire, stove door glass needs cleaning and a complete spring dusting never done.  Wood stoves cause a lot of dust.


I think my biggest nemesis is the Simla Room, it's been rather a sewing and yarn dump all winter, and I haven't tidied up properly because I keep telling myself that there is no point as a lot of things in there are going out to my new shed, if I can last that long.  I will really need to get stuck into painting it, all ahead on that.  I must completely finish it, I have a tendency to almost finish things but not quite.

Rob has been investing in some hi end video equipment and camera lenses to shoot weddings.  He has done that as a side line for several years, working for someone else and using their equipment. He may still carry on with that, but he's going to work with a co worker as that is their job expertise, only at work they shoot cars and all car related accessories.

He took some shots of me in the garden with his new lens.  Now this is a boy that takes such candid shots of his mum, that my sister phones from England and says "Why in the earth has Rob posted that awful picture of you on Facebook?  Get him to take it down."  Yes just a little too much reality.  But these I quite like.


No gardening today it is pouring and has been all day, plus they are calling for flood warnings, I've already got puddles on my lawn.  I look out of my Simla room window and the rain drops on my day lily leaves look like diamonds, you have to love that.

Have a lovely weekend.

Christine

5 comments:

  1. I had to look-up 'Simla Room', but didn't find anything. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my sun room, but I call it the Simla Room. Simla being the hillside retreat during an Indian summer of the British Raj. I've always wanted to visit and love Indian things, of which there are a few in my Simla Room hence the name. M. M. Kaye who wrote Far Pavilions, grew up in Simla which she wrote about in her autobiography, Sun In The Morning, she makes it come alive. I'm sure it's much changed and why not, but the beauty of the area lives on.

      Delete
  2. We've had so much rain, too, here in Michigan. The weekend was lovely so I hope that's coming your way.

    And I'm bad with buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those photos of you too. I have a small sewing job waiting to be done, not buttons though. I think I will do it in the evening then I forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos of you doing what you love with a wonderful son documenting it for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10