Monday, July 2, 2018

What a Scorcher

Hi Dear Folks,

What a scorcher Sunday was 98F.  This was a set I found in the trash probably about ten years ago.  I actually crammed it all into my PT Cruiser and got it home, that's why I like a hatchback, and not so thrilled with the car I have now.  But I guess it will stop me filling up the garage again.

I would think it's from the sixties, and these are the original seats, the cushions were from Ikea.

I used to have a garden tent sit in this position, but after several years it fell to bits, and Mr. B. laid the patio.  I did enjoy the tent while I had it.  The problem with being outside is that the cushions need to come in when it rains.


I do like the sofas in the corner here with the Ikea table, all out of the garage.



Along with this octagonal table which I want to sand and put Danish oil on it.  Also this candle chandelier was in there too.



Plus these little oil lamps.



As you can see Tupp is totally done in with the hot weather, and even she couldn't take it outside any longer, came in the house and flopped on the stool and we don't even have AC, but it is ten degrees cooler in the house.


Christine

6 comments:

  1. What a comfortable corner of the garden. I hope you enjoy many hours sitting there

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekend weather was harsh, for sure. Very nice set and great pictures of you!! Love your earrings.

    Hope it cools down quickly for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outdoor items.

    You might want to re-think a/c, in this weather.

    We put in wall a/c units, a few years ago. Only need 2 downstairs and 1 in our bedroom. they also can be switched to give heat, in cold weather. But it's the a/c, which is a life saver. Just wonderful... Wall units..... Soooo great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post! You look so rested and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your patio set up. It looks so inviting. Very hot here too and unusual for us to have such a long spell of hot dry weather. I love it but the poor garden is suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look much cooler than Tupp! I'm more on the Tupp side! Do your best to keep cool -- it's tough this week.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10