Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Ticking off Boxes

Hi Dear Folk,

I woke up this morning feeling quite light headed, I honestly think it's the terrible heat we've been having and humidity.  I spent the entire morning in my bedroom sorting things out, because that's where the AC is.  Working out what clothes to take for my trip.  It's hard to think of cooler or even cold weather clothing when it's 95F and even a heat wave in UK, but I must be prepared.  I think the average temp in Bergen is around 60F in September and it rains for two thirds of the year.

Now a storm is crashing through, with thunder, lightening and torrential rains, that should cool it off for a bit and the garden always benefits from the rain.  I heard a crash and it was my bouquet of flowers that fell off the table, never mind.  It is so dark now and it's only 3:30 pm.

I even found a bag of shoes that had become mislaid and sorted out a few things for the thrift.  When your closets are the size of a peanut it's hard to keep track of everything.  Came downstairs and made a shepherd's pie, with mince, onion, left over corn and some Chinese cabbage.  Should go down well now it's cooler.

I did find a handbag for my trip, I think I will like it, not to big, but big enough to hold my camera.  It's Italian leather and has that wonderful leather smell.  I got it at Clothes Mentor.  Nice long shoulder strap so I can wear it across my body.

It seems that the ship we are on the Astoria, is the oldest ship in the world still cruising, and is the smallest ship out of the UK.  I like small I'm not into those mega behemoths that ply the oceans.  Will be interesting to see a cruise ship from the forties, although revamped in 2015.

Now it's cooler I'll get my other fingerless mitten finished that matches the green and blue shawl and beret.

Well must go Mr.B. is home early and need to get some cheese on top of the pie and put under the
grill.


Sunset in Suffolk, near my sister's house.

Christine

6 comments:

  1. How exciting. Ticking off boxes means you are one step closer. And the ship looks lovely (other post). I'm thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the summers here! So hot and muggy. I have lived in hotter climates but find the summers here most challenging. But oh the lovely green! The trees are quite beuatiful! and all the flowers about...sadly I do not do much gardening and enjoy others instead. But we do have the Rose of Sharon. I love all the different colors of blooms!

    I have never put cheese on my shepherds pie...I must try that.

    I have the same issue with small closets and feel like I am missing something always.

    I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could have some rain as it's been over a month since we had any. It's hard planning ahead for possible cooler weather but best to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been such oppressive heat, hasn't it? Yesterday's storms helped some. Still warm today, but much less humid. That is a GORGEOUS sunset picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you take good care during this sweltering summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting times, sounds like an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10