Friday, January 26, 2018

Camera Shopping and Lunch

Hi Dear Folk,

Where has the week gone? I don't know and here we are at Friday which is a sunny cold day here.  Reaching back a week to last Saturday The Boy and I went out to look at cameras for me.  Rob said "mum you really need a new camera"  mine is about ten years old, a nice one at the time, but technology moves on.  He had looked at two online that he thought I might like, but we wanted to actually see and hold the models.  Very glad we did, because one I thought was too small and the other too big, so I have settled on a mirror-less camera with lens.  There are so few actual camera stores left, we went to Cardinal's in the mall, everything is online now, but that does have it's tactile limitations.

Sony A6000 with a Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens 


Here's Rob looking up some camera specs on his phone.


I said I'd treat Rob to lunch, here we are together.  I had a lamb burger, in a brioche roll, Rob had a chicken salad sandwich.  He treated us to drinks, his was a cider and I had a pomegranate shandy from Chippewa Falls, Leinenkugel's very good.  I'm going to get some from a beer distributor.


Taking the moment with my boy is what it's about.

Have a great weekend,
Christine

4 comments:

  1. It's lunchtime and your sandwiches (and beverages) look so good! I did just make a run to the liquor store and Trader Joe's and picked up some chicken salad and crackers for lunch. I still have my (old) Konica camera from about 30 years ago and a small digital, but I find I just use my phone -- easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food sounds so good, it was a joy to see the beautiful scarf, what a wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any moment you can get with your boy is a blessing. They get so busy, just to have lunch with them is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy your new camera. Your lunch looked good and also good to enjoy time with Rob.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10