Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Bazaar Restaurant, Jordaan Neighbourhood, Amsterdam

Hi Dear Folk,

After checking into our digs and becoming acquainted with our host, I told you that story on a previous post, we were ready after a fun, long, quite cold day for a nice hearty meal.  This restaurant was recommended The Bazaar Restaurant, Amsterdam

We caught the trolley two stops this was about 7:00PM and by the time we got off and walked several streets over to Albert Cuypstraat, where they hold a street market every day, it was getting dark, it was a little on the quiet side, but OK.  We kept walking and couldn't believe our eyes dozens of herons were picking through the piles of trash, Eventually we found the restaurant with the big old doors.  We walked in and just soaked in the warmth and obviously very local people eating there.  The tile work and pottery all from North Africa, so wanted to buy a platter, the senses explode.

If you are ever in Amsterdam wander on out to Albert Cuypstraat 182, to the Bazaar Restaurant situated in an old church, in the Jordaan Neighborhood.  The prices are great the menu extensive with Moroccan and Turkish dishes, we were delighted with our food.

Unfortunately the only photos I have are cell phone photos, but if you go to the link above you will get the idea.  I had a lamb shank, accompanied with a side salad, and a very good fruit beer.  Jean had the stuffed peppers.  The portions are absolutely huge.


Jean's meal.

My meal.

Christy

5 comments:

  1. I feel I'd like to pop over again just to go to this restaurant. I think it must be one of the best I have ever been to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I thought that too. Rob raved about an Indian restaurant that he found in Ithaca, so will try that out.

      Delete
    2. I know I thought that too. Rob raved about an Indian restaurant that he found in Ithaca, so will try that out.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful meal! Looks like you had lots of fun. Thanks for sharing the photos!
    Hugs, ♥ Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, yes we did have fun.

      Delete

01 09 10