Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Evening In The Simla Room

Now because we have two stoves I have to differentiate. Well this is our stove in The Simla Room, a gas stove. I use it mostly in the shoulder seasons, spring and autumn. Winter it gets quite cold in the room, so takes a least 30 minutes to get it warmed up, but I do like the gas stove because if I want to use the room but am not committed to being in there for a long while, it is instant heat. The Simla Room is my retreat, I use it a little less in the winter, but other wise all the time,

Tink my faithful companion likes it. No she's not writing her disitation. It's the auxiliary keyboard I have to plug into my laptop when the keypad goes on the fritz, which is off and on and you never know when it will happen.

I spent a cozy evening in here writing and reading. There is a calmness and peacefulness that settles upon a winter evening, which you don't have in summer. Summer you are busy more outside in the garden than inside. There are more outside activities going on, The Boy bike riding with friends. And you don't want to be in. Actually somewhat of a respite from the constant gardening. Each season has it's joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10