Saturday, March 25, 2017

Philadelphia Flower Show - Holland - 2017 - Part 2

Hi Dear Folk,

It is meant to be very nice this weekend up to 75 f so I've heard, when only two days ago I'm standing on the platform and it was 22 f.  It is the early hours of Saturday morning and Tuppy is on the bed making little snoring noises, it's the funniest thing, I wonder what she's dreaming about?

Continuing on with pictures I took at the flower show.  I think it's fun with blogs throughout the world to see what local folk do, their every day lives and the places they visit, so hope you enjoy my little trip to the 2017 Philadelphia Flower Show.





This was Camden Children's Garden see here.  Camden has become a very depressed area across the river from Philadelphia, in New Jersey.  There have been several revitalization programs in certain areas, such as the Camden Aquarium.  So I was thrilled to see this lovely garden, including vegetables.






I thought I had caught this ladies millinery confection, but I missed the top of the windmill, isn't this hat fun?  A definite hater's hat.


More to come.

Last Thursday was definitely my day for train adventures, because after missing my stop in the morning, in the evening at the station right before my stop, the train looses electric power and is stuck across Main Street at the railway crossing.  We sit on the train for a while and the conductor comes through and says you might want to get off, and walk to the last station, which is about a ten minute walk.  Most of us got off, we had to cross the railroad track, then cross a four lane highway, then the train starts up and beats us to our stop, the last one on the line.  I'm telling you traveling by train is not for the faint hearted.

Christy

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I love what other people are doing across the globe. Love the flower show. Wish I could smell the flowers as well as admire the photos .
    Thanks for the tour.
    Hope you don't have any more adventures on trains!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower show is so beautiful and thank you for sharing it. Oh my goodness! I wouldn't want to cross the railway line or a 4 lane highway on foot but you might have been sitting on the train all night so not a good option.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10