Sunday, August 14, 2016

Aprium or Pluot?

Hi Dear Folk,

OK the powers that be need to get this together, are these hybrid fruits going to be called an Aprium or a Pluot?  They are a cross between an apricot and a plum.  I lean towards Aprium because A comes before P, but on the other hand I think they taste and have the consistency more of a plum, so maybe they should be called Pluot.  Quite tart, would be good for cooking.




In fact I did try recipe number 4 as I love cardamon and served with some creme fraiche was very good.

Christy

2 comments:

  1. We don't have them here yet. Will be interested to try. I have apricots at the moment but waiting for English Victoria plums as not keen on the Spanish ones we get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some and mine are very sweet...and as you said more plummy than apricotty. The texteure and the taste. I love them!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10