Saturday, April 11, 2015

Black Beach Maui Necklace and More

Hi Dear Folk,

I have found a wonderful haul from the thrift shop.  Three pairs of what seem to be brand new leather shoes.  The lace ups are Italian and fit like a glove.  The flat cream ones have genuine snakskin with the leather and the third pair are a differnet colour to the rather solid basic colours that I usually choose for shoes.  I will be well shod from spring into summer.






Wearing my blue cardigan, another thrift find,  It's so warm you can wear it like a jacket. 


Japanese crochet flowers ready to sew into a shawl.


My dear posy was fun to make and makes me happy to wear, and seems to us-sure in the spring.


The orchids eventually bloomed and showed their brave little faces.



I started this necklace several months ago and finished the one side, when I went back to finish the other side it was amazing how I forgot what I did, especially with the wire wrapping, not a good thing to do, I should have finished it off all in one go.


I took some volcanic stones off the Black Beach in Hawaii,  some smaller ones and the larger one is an interesting combination of white and black.  I had an idea of wire wrapping them,  this is my first go at wire wrapping.  The other beads I already had, they are quartz I like their translucence.


It's quite a long necklace so hope to wear it with a shift dress in the summertime.  Taking something of the beach and making it into ones own creation is rewarding.

Well better shake a leg I'm meant to be at a get together in an hour, kind of an Art and Tea do, not quite sure what to expect.

Hope your weekend is good.

Christy

2 comments:

  1. What a lot of beautiful things. Your shoes look really expensive. I love your posy. It is Spring and unique like your necklace. I look forward to seeing the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun post, great shoes, terrific necklace and wonderful pictures of you my friend.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10