Sunday, February 5, 2012

Red Velvet Cake





I must admit to not making this cake from scratch.  When I first came to the States people would ask did you make that cake from scratch and I used to think what are they talking about?  Well they're asking, is it from a box or did you measure everything out from scratch.

This red velvet was a special buy box cake, so I thought I would give it a go and it's pretty good.  Well Tinkerbell thinks so.  I had the two cakes sitting on cooling racks, they had turned out of the tins perfectly as I had lined the bottom with wax paper.  I saw they were no longer perfect an animal had been eating the middle out.  Only Tinkerbell would do that, she will eat anything.  At least she hadn't got to the sides and icing will cover anything.  I had left over cream cheese, with some butter, milk, icing sugar and vanilla essence, pretty good.

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10