Friday, May 21, 2010

The Wedding Dress I Wore.


I took this photo at Marianne's when we had our girls day out. This is her parent's wedding. When we were all single we would visit with her mum and dad, and I always admired two large wedding photos of her parent in the sitting room. George, we always thought looked like Errol Flynn. Don't you think so?

I just loved her wedding dress, so when I was going to get married I asked if I could borrow Lucy's dress; which I did and loved wearing it. It was typical 1940s heavy satin with a beaded yoke. Pointed long sleeves with covered buttons at the wrist, I got married in October. And covered buttons part way down the back, with a little partial waist zip. It was not overly ornate; which is what I liked. If you remember the early eighties was an era of quite ornate lacework.

Christy



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10