Friday, March 9, 2018

Wonders of Water, Philadelphia Flower Show

Hi Dear folk,

I wanted to go to the flower show but just wasn't excited to do so and I felt that I should have been.  Maybe it was the weather this week and the long trek backwards and forwards to work, maybe I was over tired.  I had wanted to go earlier in the week but couldn't take off until today.  I only spent half the time there that I spent at last year's flower show.

The theme was the Wonders of Water and I guess I had in mind that there would be lots of water features, there were but possibly not as many as there were last year, when the theme was Holland.  It was more about the ecology of water and our limited resource of water and how it is effected by climate change.

I was a little disappointed this year, but maybe that was more to do with me.  If I had had more energy to read all the signage along with each exhibit would have helped.  Earlier in the week would have been less crowded too.  Although I do think that last year was better.  I did get to try out my new camera.

Here is a little view of the flower show.











An outdoor wedding.










Had to take a picture of the Stella Artois vendor.


This spectacular rain forest presentation is what greats you at the main entrance and it was beautiful.



I took far less photos than last year and this will be my one and only posting on the show.

Christine

3 comments:

  1. It is interesting that you weren't excited and that it didn't turn out to be that wonderful. I've never been to a flower show. I love 6 and 7 down from the top. Makes my eyes feel good to see flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, I was really impressed with the outdoor wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are beautiful. It is hard to be enthusiastic about anything when you are so tired. Also expectation sometimes exceeds the reality when you have been before.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10