Thursday, February 8, 2018

Re-Arranging Furniture In The Blood

Hi Dear Folk,

Got a lot done today.  So nice just to puts around my own house.  I think it will take at least a year to make things ship shape in the house.  When you work full time you keep it under wraps, but never get into the nitty gritty of cleaning, sorting and painting.  All on my agenda.

Today I did a little rearranging in the sitting room.  Swapped the chair and the little Eastlake sofa.  I hardly change things around that much compared with my mum and sister.  So it's in the blood.

One cold winter's night as a teenager, BB and I had friends staying over, we had the dining table out on the front lawn swapping it from one room to the other, under mother's instigation, it was easier to take it out the one big window and bring it in the front door than try and get it through the house.  There was Martin standing out on the lawn with the dining room table.  Did we have a laugh.


I think I'm going to like this arrangement.



Made soup and my Jewish Apple cake, but did not have any white sugar so made it with brown, it might be a bit heavier than usual.

Setting winter sun.

Christine

PS: I guess I'll hear what all the festivities were like for the Eagle's Parade.  I have been quite happy at home, not battling those crowds.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful fireplace, looks warm and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story of the dining table outside. Funny how just rearranging furniture can make a room feel brand new. Glad you enjoyed your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your little sofa was in that position last time I was there! I can't do much shifting furniture as there is not generally anybody fit enough to help. It all looks very cosy and glad you enjoyed your day off. Soup and Apple cake just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks very lovely, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10