Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Classic Cartoon British Recipes

Hi Dear Folk,

I ran across these on the Persephone Blog and thought they were rather fun, all very classic Brit recipes.


Bread and butter pudding was always a staple fall back in the cupboard to come at.


And what High Tea did my mum not serve an English Trifle, never, it was always on the menu.


We always called this Plum Pudding.

Can't say cheesecake was part of my childhood.  My first memory of cheesecake, from which I still have the receipt, coffee and cheesecake eaten with my friend Jutta at a hotel on the banks of the Rhine.


Miss my mum's cooking.

Christy

1 comment:

  1. Very nostalgic but I can't say we had any of those as children as my mum didn't like cooking and couldn't afford the ingredients. She did make a nice apple pie when we were given apples from friends trees. It wasn't until I was married that I cooked and enjoyed these and I still have to make lemon meringue pie and cheesecake for my family but simpler recipes than these. Actually what we called cheesecake in the 50's was a coconut cake from the bakers but why it was called that I don't know.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10