Monday, May 2, 2016

Crochet Tea Cozy and More

Hi Dear Folk,

I may have got a little carried away with my flowers on this tea cozy, it will certainly keep the tea hot.  It turned out a little smaller than I thought it would so had to try several teapots to see which one it fit, but of course I found one, having so many choices as I do.  I was going to line it, but realized I need all the stretch I can get and a lining would limit this, so my cozy will stay as is.




This lovely mohair cardigan was a charity shop find in Halstead, Essex, as soon as I saw it I knew it needed different buttons.  This is what I had in my stash of buttons and it seems most appropriate as they were made in England, so much better.



Took some of my photos taken of paintings in the Rijks and made them into cards.


I have been keeping my eye out for a long while for an apple peeler and yes it did eventually turn up at the thrift $2.39 with 25% off, Yes!



I bought the above book as I recently watched a series about Liberty of London and have always loved their fabrics, so when I saw this smock top with a skirt and many other patterns I couldn't resist.  The collar is detachable, so worn with or without, very eighties, as this is when it was published.


Should be handy.


After going to the Kaffe Fassett quilt exhibit, I was hoping I would come across some of his books, just love the colour.  Most of his designs are for knit and not crochet, so that's my next hurdle, learn how to knit.


Ran across this old industrial looking office lamp, made by Art Specialty, Chicago, I would think circa forties or fifties.  I love it, a little worse for wear, but that adds to the character.  This led to a total rearrangement of one of my desks in the Simla room.  It certainly needed it, good old dust and polish.  Few things taken off, and a different, smaller typewriter added.  By the way I even got to polish the brass, but that was after this photo was taken.




I was so tired last night I went to bed at 9:00PM, which led to waking up at 1:30AM and did you know the birds start their dawn chorus at 3:00AM, oh yes, back to bed at 5:00AM and up at 7:00AM for work.  But those lovely quiet hours in the morning, listening to BBC Radio books.

Christy

2 comments:

  1. I love the tea cosy. I. See you got some good thrifting in while on holiday.. Good idea about the buttons. They say everything comes to she who waits so you got your apple corer in the end. Lots of Apple cake now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love the crochet tea cosy! It is just so beautiful! And I love the cards you made with your photos. It makes your holiday last longer, doesn't it?
    The lamp fits in nicely with your desk. You do have a knack at putting things together!
    I think we have the same sleeping patterns.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10