Thursday, February 12, 2015

The End of The Road to Hana Or The Begiining

Hi Dear Folk,

This is the end of our road to Hana. It was very hard to capture how it felt here.  Much more enclosed in on this part of the trip.  Up and down and round and up and down and round, that is how the road is.  So to travel about ten miles takes you about one hour, by the time you stop where you can because it is narrow.

Lots of water coming down every valley and running out to the sea.  Lush green foliage, birds singing and little flowers scattered around.


Some kind of lock gate for controlling the water.





I couldn't believe my eyes when we came to this little oasis, did we take a wrong turn and land up in Vietnam or some other Asian country?  That's what it looks like to me.  I can imagine some Japanese family settling this at the turn of the last century and it has been handed down.  The ponds of water I'm thinking might be for fish farming.  It's a spit of land that sticks out into the Pacific, so water coming down off the mountains on either side and out to sea.






You can see how wet it keeps here with all the moss growing on that stone wall.



I love this late afternoon shot looking back through the trees, these were all taken from the car travelling along, there is no where to stop.



And round again.


The end of the road to Hana, or the beginning for most people at Pa'ia.  This is a very popular beach for surfing.

As you can see the sun is setting and we have just about made it in time for a one day drive.  But if I do it again I'm stopping half way and giving myself a couple of days to explore, so much more to hike and see.

Christy

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful drive. I love the house with the fish ponds. Yes would be good to take some hikes in that area.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10