Friday, June 27, 2014

Fabric Bundle Winner

I was the most fortunate winner of The Long Thread fabric bundle.  Ellen designs fabric for the Japanese company Kokka, do go over and visit her Blog, she also has two books published, 1,2,3, Sew and 1,2,3, Quilt.


Sorry for not posting and thanking Ellen sooner but they arrived just before I went away.  Here is Ellen's fabric collection.  I love the different designs, it's hard to say which is my favourite, but it might just be the butterfly fabric, followed closely by the flower fabric sitting next to it.  The fabrics almost have an earthiness to them, at least in my mind.  Her fabrics come in cotton linen blend and double gauze cotton, it's the natural feel that I like.

By the way the English languages needs more than one word for Love, have you ever thought about that, we love our spouse, we love our families, we love our friends, we love our animals, we love our fabrics, one word Love.  Now what different words could we come up with to express all those different facets of love.  I do feel more words are needed.  In Greek there are Agape, Eros, Philis and Storgy I think there are a couple more, but these are the ones that I know and even these don't cover love of fabric and yarn, Oh well!


Now I need to think of what I'm going to make with each special piece of fabric.


Thank you Ellen, you made my day.

Christy

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! Very happy for you. I'll look forward to seeing what you confect with these treasures.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10