Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Grand Parlor of the Ponce de Leon Hotel, St Augustine

The Hotel's Grand Parlor now the Flagler Room.



Onyx fireplace suround with a Thomas Edison clock one of the first ever to be used in a public building.



These are exquisite, I'm very partial to crystal chandeliers, I have one in my dining room.  These are Tiffany Austrian crystal.




Henry Flagler's wife was much younger than he was so he had her painted in such a way to look older, as you move around the painting she grey's out.  I don't think I would have liked that.

Spent a lovely cool time here.

Christy

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place ... and if I were Mrs. Flagler I wouldn't like that portrait either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place. You'd have thought he would have been proud of having a young wife!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10