Friday, September 14, 2012

I Have A Cell Phone Dilemma

Good Morning Dear Readers of Lil Bit Brit,

I have a dilemma, to acquire a Cell Phone or to stay where I am, Cell Phone less.

Yes I know I must be one of the last people to not have a cell phone, in fact I don't know of anyone who does not have a cell phone, but I have never felt the need for one and being very frugal have never wanted to spend the money on one.

Of course The Boy has one and he mostly texts and of course has the Internet, he pays for his own plan which is $25.99 per month, gran-fathered in I think that plan is now $35.99 per month, he has a pretty good deal.

A dear friend made me an offer, would I like to go on her service plan as a second person.  You see her husband died over a year ago and the phone company offered that to her, did she have a friend who would like to be on the service.  Well of course the only person she could think of was me, as the only hold out in town who does not have a cell phone.  It would be $15.00 a month for 400 mins, plus unlimited on weekends, after 8:00 PM and including long distance, but no Internet, some texting.

I'm not quite sure what to do, the idea of of phone is nice, but I lean towards Internet as well, but as my son says that is the cheapest deal in town.  So do I jump into the waters or not?  That is my dilemma, I've been quite happy without one. Just occasionally I wish I had one.

And this is the dilemma of someone who positively knows she will get an iPad when she gets her pennies together.

Decisions, Decisions.

Christy
Lil Bit Brit

1 comment:

  1. I do have a mobile or cell phone as you say in the US and must say I would be lost without it. l also feel it has its drawbacks! I am currently looking into the amazon alternative to the ipad, the kindle fire as it is half the price.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10